Julia Michaels Premieres New Single “Jump” And It Sounds Like Her Next Big Hit: Listen
If this doesn't become Julia Michaels' second monster hit after "Issues", I will be serious furious. This song is just too good.
Julia premiered a new single called "Jump", featuring rapper Trippie Red, earlier today and it is believed this is part of the singer's much-anticipated full-length debut studio album. Last year despite the massive success of "Issues", Republic Records only green-lighted an EP ("Nervous System") for Julia. This year, I hope the studio album finally comes. And if that album sounds anything like "Jump", I will be pre-ordering it the very first day the pre-order is launched. You can be sure of that.
"Jump" is a laid-back song with a lot of cool attitude and a magnetic, nostalgic beat where Julia will sing about opening to love again following a terrible relationship failure. "Even though I'm cautious, I just like the way it feels / When it's us, baby, when it's us / You make me forget that I'm not ready for love / I jump, oh, I jump", Julia sings in the chorus of her new single.
This song is giving me a little bit of Bridgit Mendler in the "Nemesis" EP vibes too. And you know that that EP was glorious. I wouldn't be surprised if Julia and the producer of "Jump" were jamming to Bridgit's "Atlantis" when creating this song.
Read the lyrics to "Jump" here
- Nicki Minaj Premieres Fiery Music Video for "Ganga Burns": Watch
- Watch Cardi B's "Ring" Music Video With Kehlani Here!
- Noah Cyrus & Lil Xan Give Us Their Take On A Love Song: Stream "Live or Die"
- Why Don't We's "8 Letters" Music Video Is Here!
- Nicki Minaj Loses Her Mind On Twitter Over “Queen” Missing #1 On Billboard!
- Drake Calls Kanye West A "FLOP" In Chicago: Watch
- Janet Jackson's "Made For Now" Performance On 'Fallon' Was All Kinds Of EPIC!
- Liam Payne Announces "First Time" EP, Delays Debut Solo Album Because Of... Cheryl?